Gauri Verma improvised a dish for last Friday’s international dinner. This was a delicious dish that used a unique pairing of potatoes and mangoes. It was a hit at the international dinner. Those that didn’t make it should try it at home.
1 mango (unripe)
3-4 curry leaves (kari patta)
1 white onion
spices: mustard seeds, chili powder, tumeric, cumin powder
1. Boil potatoes and cut into small pieces
2.Peel and cut the mango into small pieces.
3. Peel and cut the onion into small pieces. Heat oil on stove and put in mustard seeds. When they make the “chit chat” noise (or start popping), add the curry leaves. Add onions and fry until they become soft and slightly reddish.
5. Add about 1 teaspoon each of chili powder, turmeric powder, and cumin powder. Add salt to taste. Fry for a few minutes.
7. Add the potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add the mangoes. Cook for a few minutes.